Why Choose Cooperative Living
BayWoods of Annapolis is a unique retirement living option located on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. As a full-service continuing care retirement community (CCRC), BayWoods is structured as a for-profit housing cooperative (co-op) for seniors aged 60 and over, known as the BayWoods Cooperative Housing Corporation (BCHC).
Benefits of Cooperative Ownership
- Tax advantages – A portion of the community’s property taxes and interest are tax deductible.
- Equity - BayWoods Shares have the potential to appreciate in value, just like real estate
- No health prerequisites or screenings - We welcome all prospective residents aged 60 and over
- Estate advantages – Shares can be included and sold as part of an estate.
- With an equity ownership position through stock, residences may be claimed as assets
- Residents elect the Board of Directors